can't see iCloud on mac

steven

15 Apr, 2012 06:17 AM

I've been using Writer on my iPad and iPhone and decided to get the version for my mac. Well, the mac version of Writer won't even see my iCloud account. It's simply greyed out. I've followed all the suggestions on this page (http://support.iawriter.com/help/kb/frequently-asked-questions-in-g...) but it still doesn't work. My iPhone and iPad sync without a hitch. Any other suggestions??? please help.

1. 1 Posted by Oli Studholme on 23 Apr, 2012 03:02 AM

Unfortunately it seems there are some teething problems with iCloud, and as that article mentions we’re hoping Apple will improve things in future OS updates. Are you able to use iCloud with other programs on your computer?

Another option you could investigate is using Dropbox. For more information on the differences between these services, please read “What are the differences between iCloud, Dropbox and local storage?

Sorry I can’t help more at present.

Happy writing!

2. 2 Posted by Oli Studholme on 25 Apr, 2012 08:27 AM

Actually, you could always try deleting the iA Writer program and reinstalling from the App Store. At least we’ll know it’s an iCloud problem and not something wrong with iA Writer that way.

Happy writing!

3. 3 Posted by Oli Studholme on 04 Jul, 2012 07:17 AM

Just to follow up, were you able to get iCloud to work with Writer on your Mac? If you’re still having problems please let me know…

Happy writing!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac