Weird Slightly Darker Bar in Writing Mode

Jonathan Simcoe's Avatar

Jonathan Simcoe

16 May, 2012 11:19 PM

When in writing mode their is a barely noticeable darker horizontal strip that runs across the top, right below where the dark gradient window bar normally is:

Not to be nit-picky but it is there and noticeable if you tilt the screen and look from different angles. Let me know if you can't see it and I will modify the picture to reveal it.

Thanks for the awesome work on a great product!

  1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Oli Studholme on 17 May, 2012 10:52 AM

    Oli Studholme's Avatar

    Thank you for your feedback. Is this where the text fades out when you scroll the document? If so that’s an artifact of the way we’ve implemented the fade-out with Writer’s very subtle background. Unfortunately in this case all I can suggest is to view the screen square on. If not please indicate where on the screen capture you’re seeing it (using the cursor etc is fine).

    Happy writing!

  2. 2 Posted by Jonathan Simcoe on 17 May, 2012 04:10 PM

    Jonathan Simcoe's Avatar

    Yep. Definitely an artifact of the screen fade. Funny thing is I noticed the same thing with Byword and never understood why it was there. Maybe someday there will be a way to implement without it, but oh well. Thanks for the awesome writing application.


  3. Oli Studholme closed this discussion on 18 May, 2012 03:20 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts


? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac