Dont sync

Lukas

07 Apr, 2012 01:04 PM

Hi,

All my files on iCloud have disapear from ia writer on Mac Osx, but there still here on iPad. And when I save a file on iPad, it don't show up on MacOsx. Whats happen?

Thanks.

Luke

1. 1 Posted by shamanross on 15 Apr, 2012 03:57 PM

Having similar problem. Desktop docs are not appearing on wither iCloud or my iPad. They used to!

2. 2 Posted by Oli Studholme on 24 Apr, 2012 07:47 AM

I’m sorry to hear about this problem. Are you having sync problems with any other applications on your iPad? Are new documents made on your Mac visible in iA Writer for iPad?

To test, create a new document in iA Writer for Mac, and save it on your computer. Next, go to File > iCloud > Add to iCloud in iA Writer for Mac. Make sure your iPad is connected to the internet, then go to iA Writer on your iPad and tap the File Drawer icon, then tap Storage List, then iCloud. Tap on the Refresh icon in the bottom left of this panel and your new file should appear at the top of the list. Please let me know how you get on.

You can also try referring to our knowledge base article “iCloud won’t work. What’s wrong?”, but it’d be worth trying this troubleshooting first.

@shamanross if you’re referring to icloud.com when you say “Desktop docs are not appearing on wither iCloud”, please read our knowledge base article “My Writer documents don’t show up at iCloud.com. What’s wrong?”. If not can you provide more information please?

Happy writing!

3. 3 Posted by Benjamin Goodwi... on 28 Apr, 2012 11:05 AM

Hi - i was having this problem (iCloud working between iPad and iPhone, but not my macbook pro) - simply creating and saving a new file in my macbook and then moving to iCloud seemed to enable the reverse flow (i.e. from iPhone / pad to macbook). Yay. Thanks.

4. 4 Posted by Oli Studholme on 30 Apr, 2012 06:08 AM

Thanks for this feedback, and great to hear everything is working for you now. iCloud seems to still have some teething issues, but they seem to be decreasing over time. I’ll close this discussion for now, but please feel free to open it if you want to add anything further.

Happy writing!

5. Oli Studholme closed this discussion on 30 Apr, 2012 06:08 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac