Search or find on iPad?

typegirl

28 Apr, 2012 12:49 AM

I see that I can search any given document when using iA Writer on my desktop, but is there a way to do this on the iPad? Would be very helpful. I can't imagine that it isn't possible.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Oli Studholme on 04 May, 2012 12:20 PM

Thanks for your feedback. This is a feature we also really want. We’re working hard to improve Writer, and hopefully we’ll be able to address this in the future.

Happy writing!

2. 2 Posted by Tony Hall on 13 Jul, 2013 11:23 AM

Hi, I would also appreciate a search feature for the iPad.

I'm finding that I am using the iPad with iA Wrter as a way into a different, and for me, more interesting way of everyday writing. I don't 'need' a search feature, iA Writer works beautifully for me. Search would be a bonus.

Thanks, and Happy Developing :)

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Oli Studholme on 15 Jul, 2013 02:12 AM

@Tony — Thank you for your feedback, and for your kind words. I’m sorry that I don’t have any new information regarding this to share at present, but it’s still a feature we’d really like too!

Happy writing!

4. 4 Posted by Mike on 18 Jan, 2014 05:38 PM

No ipad in document find feature was called to your attention back in July of last year. The ability to find a word in Writer "Pro" is a rather important feature, you goin to treat it that way? I would like you to add find and replace a word in a document test feature to the ipad versions.

5. 5 Posted by Ahmed on 14 Nov, 2014 09:30 AM

@Oli - I am using iA Writer for a long time now and I really like it. Now I have a lot of documents on it and I found that digging up an old document is a challenge! I understand that the search feature is requested since 2012. Is there any chance that we get this feature in the near future?

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Iain Humm on 17 Nov, 2014 02:09 AM

Hello Ahmed,

I am afraid that I don't have much in the way of news on this point. Search is something that we would like too, and we hope to add such an improvement in the future.

Kind regards,
    Iain Humm

7. 7 Posted by Scotty Jackson on 18 Nov, 2014 08:45 PM

I'd like to +1 this. :)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac