migrating to icloud

coolpillows

08 May, 2012 04:01 PM

I started to save my writer docs to icloud when that first came out. when i go online to icloud, i don't see the docs. i am running Snow Leopard on my MacBook so I don't have the seamless Lion-enabled iCloud functionality. i have had, in the past, docs from Pages/Keynote/Numbers on iCloud, stuff i've worked on my iPad and posted there. i know that's sunsetting but no matter what when I go to iCloud online, I don't see the docs that i've created and apparently saved in writer. what gives??

thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Oli Studholme on 09 May, 2012 01:33 AM

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately icloud.com is only for Apple’s own apps. You can export by emailing the document to yourself (tap the Export icon for options), or by setting up Dropbox on your MacBook and with Writer on your iPad.

Happy writing!

PS I know MobileMe is being replaced by iCloud, but I don’t understand your reference to “sunsetting” in your message (?). Were you referring to MobileMe?

2. 2 Posted by coolpillows on 09 May, 2012 03:55 AM

Thanks Oli. That's weird, but I guess I get it. It's like it's up there in the cloud, but I can't see it. I'm running an old MBP with Snow Leopard, so no iCloud for me here. I see now that on my iPhone with writer I have the iPad's docs matched from iCloud so that works. That'll have to do.

What I meant by "sunsetting" was the iWork service. I've been using that and now getting regular warnings and notices from Apple that it will be going bye-bye in July.

3. Oli Studholme closed this discussion on 05 Jul, 2012 01:52 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac