When closing a document in full screen it brings me to the root desktop instead of the next iA Writer document.

Mikie O'Sullivan

02 Apr, 2012 11:33 AM

I use iA Writer all the time to prepare the pages for my clients sites, this means that I will regularly be working on 10 - 15 different documents at anyone time. When in full screen mode if I close the page I'm viewing it jumps back to to original desktop instead just going to the next open document.

This makes closing multiple documents a pain, even quitting the app maintains the open documents so you have do it document by document. If it were possible to make the app jump to the next open document on close that would be the ideal solution otherwise having some way to bring all the documents out of full screen mode in one go would also solve the issue.

I love the product but its just one of those minor annoyances that if it could be solved would make the app that much better!

Thanks,

Mikie

1. 2 Posted by Oliver R. on 02 Apr, 2012 09:56 PM

You mean when all documents are in Fullscreen mode? Or should it open the next Document in Fullscreen mode no matter what?

2. 3 Posted by Mikie on 03 Apr, 2012 11:07 AM

Pretty much, I tend to have them all running in fullscreen mode all the time.

3. Support Staff 4 Posted by Oli Studholme on 23 Apr, 2012 07:36 AM

I tried opening several documents, changing each one into Full Screen mode, then closing one of them. While the Mac menu bar and dock appear briefly, the next document did appear in Full Screen mode as expected, and I didn’t end up viewing the Desktop, or in the Finder. Can you let me know what version of iA Writer and Mac OS X you have, and if there’s anything else I need to do to reproduce the effect please? Or if I’ve misunderstood, please let me know.

Happy writing!

4. 5 Posted by Mikie O'Sullivan on 23 Apr, 2012 11:45 AM

Hmm, thats exactly what I'm doing that I end up on the desktop. I'm running OS X 10.7.3 with iA Writer 1.2.1 which I assume is up to date as the app store doesn't show any updates available.

It may be something weird inside my install. Anyway thanks for looking into it.

Mikie

Mikie O'Sullivan

Founder, Lead Developer
    http://www.popshop.ie

5. Support Staff 6 Posted by Oli Studholme on 24 Apr, 2012 01:47 AM

When you say you end up on the desktop, is iA Writer still the active application (iA Writer beside the Apple logo in the menu bar), or are you ending up in the Finder? In the former case the only thing I can think of is the documents might be being minimised somehow, the same thing that happens when you click on the center minus button in the top left of a Finder window. If you set up Exposé to show Application Windows when activated, then activate it after ending up seeing the desktop when you expect another window to become visible, are the documents presented as large previews or small thumbnails at the bottom?

Happy writing!

6. 7 Posted by Mikie O'Sullivan on 25 Apr, 2012 05:47 PM

It stays on iA Writer, and the windows aren't minimized, they show up as fullscreen windows in exposé. Don't worry about it anyway, it must be some local issue on my machine.

Mikie O'Sullivan

Founder, Lead Developer
    http://www.popshop.ie

7. Support Staff 8 Posted by Oli Studholme on 26 Apr, 2012 01:26 AM

If you have any Finder modifications such as things that change the behaviour of Finder windows, it’s possible there’s a conflict there. Apart from that all I can suggest is to try deleting the app and reinstalling it from the App Store.

I’ll close this discussion for now, but please feel free to open it if you want to add anything further.

Happy writing!

8. Oli Studholme closed this discussion on 26 Apr, 2012 01:26 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac