HTML export of HTML special characters

dadcooksdinner

17 Apr, 2012 01:50 PM

I am using a couple of HTML special characters in my document; the big one is the degrees symbol:
°

When I export to HTML, the ampersand at the beginning of the special character is converted to the HTML symbol for ampersand, messing up the rest of the symbol for HTML. The raw HTML looks like:
°

I'm writing a cookbook, so the ° symbol comes up a lot.

Is there a way to get this to work in the HTML export in iAWriter? As an aside, when I open the document in Marked, it formats properly.

1. 1 Posted by dadcooksdinner on 17 Apr, 2012 04:46 PM

Whoops - the HTML formatting got my examples. (Which is exactly what I want the HTML export to do...)

When I enter ° in my .md document, the HTML export translates the beginning & only. The exported html looks like:
    °

It's converting the ampersand to HTML special code, not the entire ° like I want it to.

Suggestions?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Oli Studholme on 23 Apr, 2012 08:51 AM

Thank you for reporting this bug. While we work on a fix, I suggest using the actual degrees character °, rather than °. As the HTML export generates a UTF-8 HTML file, this is no problem for displaying. You should be able to type this character using the keyboard shortcut Opt Shift 8 — if that doesn’t give you a degrees symbol reopen this discussion and let me know what keyboard layout you are using, and I’ll find out for you.

Happy writing!

3. Oli Studholme closed this discussion on 23 Apr, 2012 08:51 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac